Chicago Personal Injury Lawyer
As the son of a union carpenter and a union teacher, Brent Eames grew up with a fundamental understanding of the struggles that ordinary people can face when standing up for their rights against corporations and insurance companies. As a result, Mr. Eames has developed a passion for fighting for people and has dedicated his entire career to exclusively representing injured victims, including all forms of wrongful death, personal injury and workers’ compensation litigation. Mr. Eames is an aggressive trial attorney who has an established track record of securing top-dollar verdicts, awards and settlements on behalf of his clients. This began during his first year of practice, when at the age of 26, Mr. Eames obtained a judgment in LaSalle County for over $1,200,000.00 on behalf of an injured pedestrian who was struck by an automobile at a high rate of speed, causing serious injuries. In the years since, Mr. Eames has countless additional victories to his credit totaling millions of dollars, and he continues to fight for and secure maximum recoveries for his clients across the State of Illinois in both claims for civil personal injury and workers’ compensation.
A large focus of Mr. Eames’s practice is dedicated to the representation of firefighters and police officers who have been injured in the line of duty. In addition to workers’ compensation hearings, Mr. Eames has represented injured firefighters and police officers in their application for disability benefits pursuant to the Illinois Pension Code. For more information, visit our website and blog at IllinoisPoliceandFireLawyer.com.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Illinois, 2009
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2010
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2014
- Northern Illinois University College of Law (J.D. cum laude 2009)
- Western Illinois University (B.A. 2006)
Honors and Awards
- Illinois Leading Lawyers Emerging Lawyer: Emerging lawyers have been identified by their peers to be among the TOP LAWYERS who are age 40 or younger. Less than 2% of all lawyers licensed in each state have received the distinction of Emerging Lawyer.
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star: a distinction that is limited to fewer than 2.5% of the attorneys in Illinois and awarded according to a polling of lawyers practicing in Illinois.
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum: an honor that is limited to Attorneys across the country who have won million dollar verdicts, awards and settlements for their clients. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members
Publications & Presentations
- “Coordinating Workers’ Compensation Benefits for First Responders,” Illinois State Bar Association Fall Workers’ Compensation Seminar, Oct. 9, 2017
- Navigating Uncharted Waters: A Guide to Spotting Jurisdiction Under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Trial Journal of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Volume 16, Number 2 (Summer 2014).
- “The claimant’s attorney’s point of view for workers’ compensation claims” – American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons’ 15th Annual AAOS Occupational Orthopaedics and Workers’ Compensation Course: A Multidisciplinary Perspective – November 1, 2013
- Building a Winning Slip-and-Fall Case: How to Utilize the Building Code to Win Premises Liability Claims, Trial Journal of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Volume 13, Number 1 (Winter 2011).
- Illinois State Bar Association – Workers’ Compensation Section Council Member
- Northern Illinois University College of Law Board of Visitors
- Northern Illinois University College of Law Alumni Council (Past President)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
A native of DeKalb, Illinois, Brent lives in the South Loop of Chicago with his wife, Megan, and his children, Carson and Camryn. Brent is actively involved in his communities, including his alma mater, Northern Illinois University College of Law. Brent serves on the Board of Visitors for the College of Law which seeks to increase awareness of the College’s missions and programs within the Illinois legal community.